In every walk of life, evolution is inevitable. Whether it is an animal adapting to its environment or how someone trains at the gym and marketing is no different when it comes to evolving, although how it evolves is still based on a foundation that has been there since ancient times.
Marketing in its most traditional forms were split into 4 categories;
- Print – the oldest form and has been used since ancient Egyptian times.
- Broadcast – Television & Radio – Radio from1920 and Television – 1941.
- Direct Mail – basically all of the communications you get (or don’t get because you have one of those ‘No Junk Mail’ stickers on your door) through the letter box
- Telephone or as it is called since the Millenium, Telemarketing – ye olde cold calling. Pretty self-explanatory really.
Fast forward to 2017 and the world is digitally dominated…including marketing. Social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter etc), Email marketing, websites, smartphone apps, the list goes on. To see our alternate take on them, click on the links above
However, even with all the magical powers of digital marketing, you still need to have the basic techniques and foundations in place or it will be like making a cup of tea with a waterproof tea bag!
- Quality content – if it’s not engaging and generally interesting nobody will want to read it…and if you have made it down this far the email we assume you have found this somewhat interesting. Phew.
- Tone of Voice – Establishing a personality for your business so potential customers feel like they can connect with you.
- Knowing your audience – you wouldn’t send an email all about car repairs to a group of people who don’t own a car or even have a driving license. Know your audience.
- Service/Product – have a service or product which you can sell or at least get potential customers interested in.
Fortunately at Coretium, we are kids of the 70’s, 80’s and 90’s so we like to think we have all the bases covered when it comes to the balancing act between the ‘traditional’ and ‘modern’ methods of marketing.
Click here or phone us if you suddenly wake up in the middle of the night thinking about how to market your business or just because you fancy a chat.