Are you taking marketing communications seriously within your business?
Interested in how webinars can help you improve your marketing communications?
Communication is vitally important in every successful business relationship. Building these relationships with potential and existing customers directly relies on marketing communications. This is reason enough for you to improve marketing communications within your business.
One method of marketing communications that isn’t always immediately considered is the use of webinars.
What Is a Webinar?
According to Minitex (An information and resource sharing program of the Minnesota Office of Higher Education and the University of Minnesota libraries), a webinar is a live meeting that takes place over the web. The meeting can be a presentation, discussion, demonstration, or instructional session. Participants can view documents and applications via their computers or smart devices, while shared audio allows for presentation and discussion.
Why Should You Use Webinars For Your Marketing Communications?
- Webinars are an excellent way to broadcast your expertise and share your knowledge.
- Over time you can begin to convert webinar attendees in to customers as they are gaining a greater understanding and interest.
- Businesses and potential clients are more willing to part with contact details in exchange for expert insight and knowledge.
- They are free.
- There are no geographical boundaries. You can overcome the issue of sharing across different time zones by rebroadcasting webinars; this way you are not limited to a particular location and can market to people worldwide.
- Webinars are a great way to connect with your potential customers and drive engagement and traffic to sales.
How Can You Encourage People To Sign Up For Your Webinar?
People naturally like to be in groups, so show them that they are not alone. Having a registrant count can encourage more people to sign up when they see that others have.
Forbes listed not promoting your webinar early and often as a common mistake that can hinder the likelihood of sign ups. Make sure you begin promotion at least two weeks before launch, if not more. Make use of your existing database using social media and e-mail messages.
Sometimes people will leave things until the last minute and possibly even forget, that is why it is important to encourage them to sign up quickly and provide regular reminders.
High value free content. no one says no to free useful content so offer viewers just that. E-books are a great way of providing people with extra information and showing your expertise. Take a look at ours here. You can also send out a replay of your webinar or make it available on your website, this will encourage sharing and re-marketing for your brand as well as promoting future webinars.
7 Top Tips For Hosting a Webinar:
- Set an agenda and have this available for the attendees to read at the beginning. This is important as it creates an opportunity for engagement as attendees have more time to think of questions that they might have.
- Make your introduction short and to the point. In the first few minutes of your webinar you want catch viewer’s attention not bore people with information that can be made available elsewhere.
- Sound is important. Ensure that you have a good standard of microphones and internet connection as people are not likely to stick around if they your streaming in unclear or inaudible.
- Use a #hashtag to encourage social sharing. This can increase impressions and allow for further potential customers to be made aware of the webinar who can then sign up for the next one.
- Answer questions regularly as this will encourage more engagement. Perhaps consider having set times for answering questions throughout the webinar.
- Ask your audience questions. This is another great way to improve engagement and you can actually use the answers to guide your presentation or improve your webinars in the future.
- A webinar is not a sales pitch. Most people attend these events not to be pitched on a product, but rather to learn how to solve a problem and consider new ideas. Be subtle about the services you provide and focus more on the valuable information you are providing.
Marketing communications are how you stay in touch with and convey important information about your company to your customers.
The content and design of these pieces of communication must meet the objectives of educating, encouraging action or building brand awareness.
There are many other effective ways of communication besides webinars including newsletters, websites, e-mail and other written material. Effective communication should keep your customers informed of any new happenings within your business as well as promoting your products and services.
To develop effective marketing communications you must conduct some research. This could be regarding what message you are sending out or could be who your messages are more appealing to. Webinars are not only a great method of marketing communication but they can also be used as a method of market research. Asking questions during your webinar is one way of doing this as it does not just encourage audience engagement but provides valuable information you can use for market research.
Can Webinars Be Useful For You?
Are you looking for ways to improve your marketing communications?
Do you have information you can share, that potential customers will find valuable?