LinkedIn is the most ‘professional’ of the major social networking websites, used by over 135 million business professionals worldwide. Since it is largely focused on B2B connections, LinkedIn should be a big part of your social media marketing strategy. If it isn’t there’s no need to worry anymore as we’ll take you through a simple but highly effective way of ‘How to use LinkedIn for business’
Get your profile ‘Out There’
If you want to know ‘How to use LinkedIn for business’ follow our step by step guide on how to leverage LinkedIn to the highest possible capacity;
- Status Updates: One of the best ways to use ‘LinkedIn for business’ is to keep your connections informed about your latest going on’ is by posting ‘status updates.’ Status updates are quick statements that you feel your connections will find interesting. In addition, they can include links to related content on your Website or third-party Websites such as https://coretiummedia.com/ .If you want to appear active in the LinkedIn community, post useful and easy to respond to status updates on a regular basis.
- Blog Posts: LinkedIn allows you to easily sync your blog posts to your personal profile. For example as soon as you post a blog on your website , your LinkedIn profile will be automatically updated with your posts’ title and link to the full post on your Website.
- Events: Are you speaking at an event or sponsoring a training session? If so you can post a LinkedIn Event, this will therefore help promote and generate interest in your event.
- Tweets: Another great way to use ‘LinkedIn for business’ is if you are a frequent user of Twitter, make sure you integrate your LinkedIn status updates with your Tweets. This will keep your connections and followers informed.
- Presentations: If you an avid user of PowerPoint you can post all the relevant PowerPoint presentations to Slide Share (http://www.slideshare.net/) or Google Docs (https://www.google.co.uk/slides/about/) , once this is done you can display these presentations on your LinkedIn profile.
- Portfolio: If you have a creative portfolio you want to display, post your portfolio of work to enhance your network. Once posted, LinkedIn allows you to showcase your work on your profile.
- Polls: LinkedIn polls is a great way of gathering market research, it allows you to collect specific data from your connections and the professional audience on LinkedIn. For example you can ask your current connections if they like your latest free eBook, all they’ll have to do is click on the link (https://coretiummedia.com/) and check it out if they haven’t already done so. Once read they can then take part in the poll.
Make The Most Of LinkedIn’ Community Features
In addition to your profile, the following is a great way on how you should use ‘LinkedIn for business. LinkedIn provides a number of community features that will allow you to communicate and potentially even collaborate with other LinkedIn users, for example:
- Groups: LinkedIn Groups is a great way to use ‘LinkedIn for business’ as it helps you stay informed and keep in touch with people that have common interests with you. LinkedIn groups are a great way to grow your network, for example; by you adding value to a group on LinkedIn (Commenting, sharing posts etc.) On the other hand you can also create your own LinkedIn groups or join any number of groups that focus on the area that interests you.
- Company Pages: Company Pages are a great research tool that you can use to find companies to potentially do business with or alternatively you could research competitors. In addition, if you haven’t already created a company page you should! As this will allow you to showcase your expertise and what separate’s from your competitors. On a company page you can do several things, such as: Publish your company’s description, headquarters address and website address.
Use LinkedIn As A Business Branding Tool
The following strategies will help you understand that LinkedIn can be a valuable business tool and that it will help you grow your business.
- Brand Your LinkedIn Address: When you create a LinkedIn profile, it will create a random LinkedIn web address that will appear as a collection of odd letters. However this can be changed as LinkedIn lets you customise this address to create a branded LinkedIn address with your name. For example, https://www.linkedin.com/in/coretium-media-b6b62b6a?trk=hp-identity-photo
- Become An Established Industry Expert: To achieve this title we recommend that your profile is as active as it can be, for example: Answer all questions that you’re asked, comment on peoples posts and always take part/comment in groups. This will allow you to become a recognised expert in your field
- Generate Qualified Leads: One of the best ways to use ‘LinkedIn for business’ is to do the following. You can use LinkedIn to generate potential sales prospects for your company; this is done by you searching for a specific group of people i.e. business owners who live in London and works in the Architectural industry. Follow the link to see the results of the search!. Once connected with the relevant people you can then move onto sending them a personalised message that entails you offering your services to them. Let’s hope for a response!
If you need any help with your website whether it be content, building or WordPress please do get in touch with us on the form above. Have a great day 🙂