Do you desire more Google bookings? Is your hotel’s social media account not producing the same results as your competitors’? Do you have an email list but aren’t sure how to make the most of it? Have you been struggling with creating a hotel digital marketing strategy?
In 2022 hospitality digital marketing is as important as ever and it can be hard to create a successful strategy for your hotel. In this blog, I’ll be showing you some key aspects of digital marketing in order for you to create a clean, crisp and, most importantly, successful hotel marketing plan.
Creating a Hotel Digital Marketing Plan
Considering your target demographic is the first step in developing a digital marketing strategy. Who are you targeting with your marketing? In order to comprehend and define that target audience, you must do extensive research on what your target audience engages with on social media. This in turn will massively help you build your hotel digital marketing strategy.
A useful way of doing this is by creating guest personas which represent the people they want to see at their check-in desk. When doing your research consider the following questions:
- What are their ages? What city do they call home?
- With whom do they share a home? Who will accompany them on their journey?
- How much do they earn and what do they do for a living?
- What are some of their other favourite brands?
- What are their interests and hobbies?
- Which social issues are important to them?
- What stores do they frequent for food and clothing?
What are the Best Social Platforms to use?
This can be a tricky question to answer as there is no correct answer. However, these are the most important social platforms to use :
- Facebook: With 2.79 billion monthly active users, Facebook is still the most popular site for sharing information, communicating with guests, and organising events.
- Instagram is a popular visual channel that is ideal for showcasing dreamy destinations and luxurious lobbies, as well as encouraging visitors and influencers to do so.
- Twitter: Send out quick and snappy updates, communications, and dialogues.
- Youtube: Allows hotels and visitors to generate informative and inspiring video content.
- TikTok is a video-sharing app with 689 million monthly active users, more than half of users are under 34 years old.
How do I use These Social Media Platforms?
When posting on social media channels it’s important to consider the following; keeping a consistent brand image with a clear message, ensure you present this content in a creative and engaging way and lastly analyse what does and doesn’t work for your competition.
When marketing a hotel or within any hospitality mrketing, ensure you show off the facilities you have to offer and what makes you stand out. Capitalise of off your USP (unique selling point) and consider highlighting that immediately for your guests.
Other aspects to consider when developing and implementing a social media strategy, specifically for hospitality marketing, include how often to post, when to publish, how to monitor and respond to people who are talking about your company, how to optimise your profiles, and how to direct viewers to booking alternatives.
How We Can Help
Congratulations! You should now have the key knowledge needed to implement a successful and creative hospitality marketing strategy. If you need any help or consultation with your hotel marketing strategy don’t hesitate to call us for FREE at: +44 (0)20 7537 6602 or by email at : firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively by viewing our hospitality marketing page here